[vtkusers] Re: python wrapping

jelle feringa jelle.feringa at ezct.net
Mon Jun 25 14:31:08 EDT 2007

> I've been using python with vtkpython to write my app and so far I'm
> very satisfied. For speed reasons I'm rewriting a few portions as C++
> classes and wrapping them with the VTK_WRAP_PYTHON CMake command. The
> only problem I have is that I can't exchange complex types between c++
> and python (say, a numpy array...)
>
> Is there a way to do that? Has anybody done it before? What is the
> correct way to exchange complex data between c++ and python?

yes, what you're looking for is already there:
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/wiki/TVTK
which is an incredible cool project: it allows you to use VTK in a _far_ more
pythonic manner, and makes it very easy to do add custom interfaces.
also the fact is that it'll provide you with an incredible nice development
enviroment, that'll boost your productivity immensely.

highly recommended.
more power to prahbu.

to get yourself familiarized: make sure you go through the .pdfs at the bottom
of the page