[vtkusers] Opportunities at the graduate, post-doc, and staff levels.

Alexandre GOUAILLARD hanfei at caltech.edu
Fri Jun 22 17:37:45 EDT 2007

Hi all,

The Caltech Center of Excellence in Genomic Science (CEGS) is a newly funded
initiative that¹s driven to digitize life. Our goal is to understand
embryonic development as the execution of a program in our genome. We seek
to upload embryonic development into a virtual life form called the Digital
Fish through the use of genetics, molecular imaging, and information
technology. Our approach called ³in toto imaging² is to use
confocal/2-photon imaging to image all the cells in developing transgenic
zebrafish embryos and special software we are developing called GoFigure to
extract complete cell lineages and gene expression patterns.

We are looking for people with strong experience in C++ programming and
VTK/ITK to join our GoFigure development team. There are a number of
significant image analysis problems we are addressing including: segmenting
cells in space, across time, and across cell division; quantitating protein
expression patterns and subcellular localization; developing a standard,
cell-based, 4-d atlas of embryonic development; and registering molecular
data from thousands of different embryos onto this atlas.

There are opportunities at the graduate, post-doc, and staff levels. The
successful applicants would join our team at Caltech in Pasadena/LA soon and
then move with us to my new lab in the Department of Systems Biology at
Harvard Medical School in Boston in summer 2008. To apply, please send a
cover letter, CV, and letters of reference to me by email
(megason at caltech.edu).

For more information please see below:
www.digitalfish.org <http://www.digitalfish.org/>
or talk to Alexandre Gouaillard or myself at the upcoming NAMIC meeting in
Boston.
http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/NA-MIC_NCBC_Collaboration:3D%2Bt_Cells_
Lineage:GoFigure

Sean