[vtkusers] Deciding color of rendering

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Wed Jun 20 09:38:50 EDT 2007

Vinayak Datir wrote:
> So I convert cell data to point data. Give that point data
> As input to vtkContourFilter and then I am displaying isosurface and
> isolines. Now it showing me color according to point data
> I want it to display according to cell data how can I do this?

If you colored the isosurface using the same cell data used to create the
isosurface I think all of the isosurface would be the same color. Is that what
you wanted?

Why not just use the point data for the color? The result would be as accurate
relative to the original data as is the isosurface itself.

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center