[vtkusers] VTK/Java crashes -- WeakGlobalRef or garbage collection problem?

Bernard Giroux giroux at geo.polymtl.ca
Mon Jun 18 13:34:05 EDT 2007

Eran Guendelman a écrit :

> So has anyone else experienced a similar problem?  Anyone know whether

Hi Eran,

Yes, I had very similar issues with my code (accessing points of
PolyData objects to compute the gravitational response of the object).
Being lazy and much less skilled with debugging JNI, I could not find
the cause of the crash & I ended up coding my (only) two computational
routines in C++ (within the VTK framework).

> the use of weak global references by VTK/Java is indeed a mistake, or
> should they be working and we just have some other problem with our code?

This topic is beyond my competences, but I think you provide us with a
good indication the weak refs are not the way to go...