[vtkusers] ICP algorithm question

Godofredo godofredoiii at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 04:45:25 EDT 2007

First of all, many thanks.
So, if ICP finds the best fit for a set of points as a whole over a given
surface, if I want to align two point sets that only intersect in a certain
region of space, I should use the ICP algorithm only in the intersection
region, and then apply the resulting transform to all points. Am I correct?
I'm asking this because that's what I intend to do. I start from two point
clouds (two datasets that come from a scanner) which are coincident only in
certain regions and I want to align them.