[vtkusers] Python wrappers for new extensions developed with C++

Jordi Campos i Miralles jcampos at maia.ub.es
Thu Jun 14 13:56:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

Is there any complete example like VTK/Examples/Build/vtkLocal but
including a Python test?

I followed the indications of the standard example
VTK/Examples/Build/vtkLocal, but it only has a TCL example. I created a
simple filter in C++ as vtkLocalExample.h/cxx.

I commented the "IF(VTK_WRAP_PYTHON)" line present in the CMakeList.txt
to be sure the "wrapper instructions" are executed.

With a "make" I obtain the wrapper libs "bin/libvtkLocalPython.so" and
"bin/libvtkLocalPython.so", but I still need the way to load them from
my python example.

If I try to do an "import vtkLocal" it does not work.

I check the standard python wrappers an I tried with:

"
import os

if os.name == 'posix':
    from libvtkLocalPython import *
else:
    from vtkLocalPython import *
"

and executed it with:
"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:./bin/ vtkpython test.py
"

But I can't load the library. I guess I should update also the
PYTHONPATH, but I need some "library" .py ...

What I'm doing wrong?

Is there any complete example like VTK/Examples/Build/vtkLocal but
including a Python test?

Thanks a lot!

jor;)i

BTW: I'm preparing a tutorial for my research group partners about
Volume Rendering with VTK that can be found here:

http://namaste.maia.ub.es/public/vtk-volume-rendering-tutorial.pdf

Would it be possible to add the pdf to VTK Wiki when I finish it?

--
Jordi Campos i Miralles
Departament de Matemàtica Aplicada i Anàlisi, MAiA