[vtkusers] Compiling vtk on an nvidia card

Luca Pamparana luca.pamparana at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:12:12 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I just installed an Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS card on my machine. However, I do
not see any performance increase in vtk on the linux system. However, the
windows version of my program runs so much faster! I am wondering if it is
the OpenGL libraries that I am linking to.

Does anyone have experience regarding this? I installed the nvidia-glx and
the nvidia-dev packages but wonder which openGL libraries do I have to link
to.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Luca