[vtkusers] vtkImageAppend

Emmanouil Moschidis moshman65 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 17:00:53 EDT 2007

Thanks I had missed that point (I am afraid my vtk books are a bit osbolete too).
But as a more general question when using the vtkImageAppend for creating a volume what is the points that one should take care of, so that the volume is properly created?

For example if you have 19 slices it means that your final volume will have a depth (z direction) of 19 ?

Amy Squillacote <amy.squillacote at kitware.com> wrote: Hi Emmanouil,

Did you set vtkImageAppend's AppendAxis to 2 (Z axis)? This is described
on page 113 of the VTK User's Guide (for VTK 5). The online
documentation for this class is here:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkImageAppend.html.

- Amy

Emmanouil Moschidis wrote:
> Hello
> has anyone managed to work with vtkImageAppend ? I used the
> AddInput(vtkImageData *input ) method to create a volume from a series
> of images  (vtkImageData) but it seems that it doesn't (?) work...
> any hint /example?
> thanks

> You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck
>
> in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Amy Squillacote
Kitware, Inc.
28 Corporate Drive