[vtkusers] Data interpolation help

Janny Dong janny.dong at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 16:24:24 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'd like to create a 2D color map of 100 points(10*10). The points are like
(x,y,z), where x,y are the data positions, z is the scalar value I want to
map color with. I know if I have all the scalar values of the points
available, I can put them into vtkPolyData, then use vtkDelaunay2D to do the
triangulation, and then use vtkLookupTable and vtkPolyDataMapper to display
the map.

My problem is, I don't know all the scalar values (z). I only know z values
of 16 points for example. How can I do interpolation to get scalar values of
all the other points? I tried to use vtkProbeFilter to probe the 16 points
with another vtkPolyData of 100 points (scalars unknown), but I got a blank
scene in the rendering window.

The problem has been bugging me for a while. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Janny