[vtkusers] Font size and SetDPI()

Tim Gollnik Tim.Gollnik at t-online.de
Fri Jun 8 14:33:35 EDT 2007

Hello!

I'm trying to understand how vtk handles text size in respect to the chosen
screen resolution. To achieve that, i took the example script found
in /Examples/Annotation/Tcl/multiLineText.tcl; after executing i type 'u' to
get the command window.

The command 'renWin GetDPI' yields a value of 120.

Now: if i change this setting via SetDPI to, for example, 240, i would expect
the text to get twice the previous size. But: nothing happens.

This is unexpected and hampering my attempts to obtain predictable high
resolution screen prints via the vtkRenderLargeImage class with a selected
magnification. The onscreen arrangements become worthless because of the
apparently pixel bound size of text.

Could someone bring some light into my unawareness?

Many thanks in advance!

Tim Gollnik