[vtkusers] proper class to process triangle facets

付文宇 fuwenyu at emails.bjut.edu.cn
Fri Jun 8 05:25:12 EDT 2007

Hi everyone:
   I can get stl file from a series of slices image through moving cube
arithmetic. I know stl file represent a triangulation boundary of the solid. Stl
file is composed only of an extensive list of triangle facets. These facets are
composed of the coordinates of the three vertices of the triangle,in addition to
the coordinates of the normal oriented to the exterior of the solid.STL
triangulation can not be used directly in the finite element method(FEM),mainly
because it requires specific characteristics in the geometrical description of the
domain to be computed. I want to know whether there are suitable classes in vtk to
process  these triangle facets or not.

Thanks in advance

   Fu Wenyu
   2007.06.08