[vtkusers] Help with vtkHierarchicalDataSet

Sunil Suram sunils at iastate.edu
Wed Jun 6 20:22:58 EDT 2007

Hi,
I am trying to add an isosurface to a hierarchical dataset. I check
for the number of polygons before I write it out and it is always 0 (zero).
Below is the code snippet. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sunil

dataset is a vtkHierarchicalDataSet

       vtkHierarchicalDataSetAlgorithm* alg =
vtkHierarchicalDataSetAlgorithm::New();
       alg->SetInput( 0, dataset );
       vtkHierarchicalDataSetGeometryFilter* filter1 =
                vtkHierarchicalDataSetGeometryFilter::New( );
        filter1->SetInputConnection( 0, alg->GetOutputPort(0) );
       vtkContourFilter *contour = vtkContourFilter::New();
          contour->SetInputConnection( 0, filter1->GetOutputPort(0) );
          contour->SetValue( 0, value );
          contour->UseScalarTreeOff();
       vtkPolyDataNormals *normals = vtkPolyDataNormals::New();
          normals->SetInputConnection( 0, contour->GetOutputPort(0) );
       vtkHierarchicalDataSetGeometryFilter* filter =
                vtkHierarchicalDataSetGeometryFilter::New( );
          filter->SetInputConnection( 0, contour->GetOutputPort(0) );
       int numPolys = filter->GetOutput()->GetNumberOfPolys();
       std::cout << "     The number of polys is "<< numPolys << std::endl;