[vtkusers] More fine-grained vtkMarchingCubes

Sylvain Jaume sylvain.jaume at kitware.com
Tue Jul 31 12:15:40 EDT 2007

Hello Vladimir,

Did you pick the correct isovalue? You could try an isovalue in the
center of the scalar range of your data.

If that doesn't help, you could process the output of the Marching Cubes
with vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter.

Another option is to smooth your input data with vtkImageGaussianSmooth.
Be aware that too much smoothing might change the topology of your data.

Sincerely,
Sylvain