[vtkusers] Delete Cell

Vladimir Lazunin lazunin.v.aa at m.titech.ac.jp
Mon Jul 23 07:58:27 EDT 2007

I think there's no way to do that directly. The reason is, probably, that
all the cells are enumerated, so if you remove a particular single cell,
you
have to re-index all cells after it in the data structure.

The easiest way I've found so far is to use vtkExtractCells filter to
extract
all cells, except those you want to remove, into a new dataset.

Alternatively, you can apply a dirty hack by edge-collapsing your cell
first, so
it disappears visually, then use some cleaning filter to actually remove
it.