[vtkusers] Two or more .jpg textures mapped to a Polydata

Godofredo godofredoiii at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 04:55:48 EDT 2007

Hi to all. I have a triangulated 3D model and I would like to add textures to
it from a set of jpg images. My 3D model is stored as a Polydata. I've
reading and looking at some examples but I'm a bit lost. There are some
points which I'm not able to figure out how to do:

-In a simple example of mapping an image to a plane, how do I map the Image
only to a certain region of the plane, and have no texture in the rest of
the plane? Can this be done? I've tried this in a simple example with
"vtkTextureMapToPlane" and "vtkTransformTextureCoords". The texture is
mapped to the region I want but it is also displayed as a mosaic in the rest
of the plane I map it to.

-Is it posible to have a simple actor with two or more different textures
added?

-If so, how do I overlap those textures? I mean, the jpg Images I have
correspond to certain regions of the model and in some regions they overlap.
Is there a way to do this?

Hope someone please give me any advise. Many thanks to all.