[vtkusers] LOD Advice

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 18 14:36:55 EDT 2007

I believe ParaView uses the vtkQuadricDecimation filter to create the
low level of detail.  It also uses its own implementation of an actor:
vtkPVLODActor, which is in the ParaView source code.  The problem with
the default mechanism in vtkLODActor, which uses rendering timings, is
that it can be easily confused about which is the lower level of detail
when the delta on the rendering times is low or there is a "hiccup" that
causes the lower level of detail to rendering slower for a frame or two.

-Ken