[vtkusers] Re: VTK & VC++ without CMake (Jarno Ahma)

Steve Chall stevec at renci.org
Mon Jul 9 13:22:13 EDT 2007

> is it possible to create C++ codes using vtk's static
> libraries without CMake? And if so, how?

I'm running on Linux.  Please find below a command-line call to the g++
compiler, in which I build an executable "ss" by , among other things,
compiling the .cxx files for a couple of subclasses of VTK classes I've
written, along with my primary application-specific class (implemented in
ss.cxx), and my main program (main.cxx).  I run this as (part of) a bash
shell script.

-Steve

g++ -Wno-deprecated -I/usr/include/vtk-5.0 -o ss
ssInteractorStyleTrackballCamera.cxx ssXRenderWindowInteractor.cxx ss.cxx
main.cxx /usr/lib/libvtkGraphics.so  /usr/lib/libvtkCommon.so -L
/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL -lXt -lX11 /usr/lib/libvtkImaging.so
/usr/lib/libvtkRendering.so