[vtkusers] vtkCutter not working properly

Nithiananthan, Sajendra Sajendra.Nithiananthan at rmp.uhn.on.ca
Thu Jul 5 11:40:14 EDT 2007

>Thanks for replying. Below is a simple C++ program that demonstrates the
vtkCutter problem I've encountered >(looking forward to your feedback)

Meisam,
The sample app and mesh made it much more clear what you want to do.  In
your example you have the square with the diagonal line through the middle,
you want to extract only the outer square is that correct?
If that is what you want to do, I don't think vtkCutter will do what you
want.  You are trying to go from 2D->2D.  Cutting the data will take you
from 2D->1D.
With your sample mesh, using vtkFeatureEdges retrieves the outside box:

  vtkFeatureEdges *fe = vtkFeatureEdges::New();
  fe->SetInput(pd1);
  fe->BoundaryEdgesOn();
  mapper2->SetInput( fe->GetOutput() );

Do you think that will work with your real data?  I hope I understood your
problem correctly.

-SN

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.