[vtkusers] Problem mapping scalars to colors using a vtkLooku pTable

Peter Kok peter.kok at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 09:24:58 EDT 2007

Hello,

>I don't think there's a class that does it directly, but you can define a
>transfer function for colour, and one for opacity, then use that to
>construct the lookup table.  eg:

Thanks for your reply. The problem with a lookup table is that the index
values are evenly spaced over the scalar range. In my case the smallest
distance between two scalar values that must have different colors is 1.
That would mean I have to add a table value for each of the 2^32 possible
scalar values, and it doesn't seem possible to create a table that large.

Regards,
Peter