[vtkusers] How to swap left and right stereo views

Valeria Gallo g_luigi at fastwebnet.it
Mon Jan 29 11:59:39 EST 2007

Hi, i've successufully performed a stereo view in passive mode using a
Nvidia Quadro Graphics card (quad buffered) and the CrystalEyes stereo mode
of VTK.

All is going right, but the two stereo views are reversed: I see the left
eye image on the left side of the screen, and the right eye image on the
right side.
This would be correct to project the stereo object beyond the plane of the
screen, instead I need to project the object in front of the screen, so I
need to see the "left view" image in the right side of the screen and the
"right view" image on the left side.
This is called "negative parallax".

Now neither changing the eyeAngle to a negative value I could solve my
problem, because doing this I can see the left image on the right side of
the screen and vice versa but they are calculated in a wrong way (the left
eye watch the object from the right eye view).

I try to better explain what I need: the left eye has to watch the object
from the left viewpoint but this view has to stay on the right side of the
screen, vice versa for the right eye.

Is there a VTK function to achieve this result?
I'm trying with the vtkPerspectiveTransform class but until now without
results.

Thanks
Valeria