[vtkusers] Java fully supported?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Jan 29 10:29:19 EST 2007

Hello,

As you've noticed, the vtk's wrapped language APIs (python, tcl, java)
include a subset of the features of the C++ API. Generally speaking
C++ methods that take or return void pointers are not exported to the
wrapped languages. Also code between //BTX and //ETX in the header
files is excluded from wrapping.

However the subset that is wrapped is quite useable. For instance
vtkStructuredGridGeometryFilter's parent class, vtkPolyDataAlgorithm,
does have a SetInput method.

cheers,
Dave DeMarle