[vtkusers] Parallel writing using vtkPXMLImageDataWriter

Joerg Blank blankj at in.tum.de
Fri Jan 26 14:01:14 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a little problem with the WholeExtent property when using
vtkPXMLImageDataWriter to write a data array using multiple processes.
I'm using vtk 5.0.2.

During the write-call the WholeExtent of the pvti and vti files get set
to the Extent of piece 0 or the corresponding piece's Extent.
I'm creating a writer, a vtkTableExtentTranslator with my data
distribution and a vtkImageData object filled with data on each process.

I tryed to set the WholeExtent property whereever I found a chance to do
so, but with no luck. Does anyone have an idea what I have to do to get
it working?
If I change the values by hand, Paraview correctly loads the files.

Thanks,
Joerg