[vtkusers] Rendering speed is window-size dependent - Example Script

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 11:04:49 EST 2007

Hi Mark,

> Hmm I really don't know because I only use VTK for volume rendering.
> Maybe the difference is in your graphics board? What board do you have
> vs what Wolfgang has?

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TE 64M / 6600 TE 128M. I really know a
step above nothing about graphic cards and drivers, so I can't say if
it is a good card or not. However, we use our PCs also for Geological
analysis of *big* grids (more than 10 million cells) and they work.
Obviously the software we use are not VTK based (they are proprietary
software I know nothing about), but I wasn't expecting that the small
grids I am using would have killed VTK. I know VTK is tuned over small
datasets, but I thought these were small. Maybe I misunderstood
something, as usually happens.

Thank you for your answer.

Andrea.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/