[vtkusers] VTK File Integrity Checker?

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Jan 25 18:23:46 EST 2007

I do it myself using the Standart Template library. You can use the
"set" container or call "unique" explicitely. You would need to define <
operator, I do it e.g.

  class Triangle{//class Triangle
  int n1, n2, n3;//nodes
  public:
  //...
	 int id1()const{
		assert(n1 != n2 && n2 != n3 && n3 != n1);
		return min(min(n1, n2), n3);
	 }
	 int id2()const{
		assert(n1 != n2 && n2 != n3 && n3 != n1);
		if(n1>id1() && n1<id3())
		  return n1;
		else if(n2>id1() && n2<id3())
		  return n2;
		else if(n3>id1() && n3<id3())
		  return n3;
		else assert(0);
		return -1;
	 }
	 int id3()const{
		assert(n1 != n2 && n2 != n3 && n3 != n1);
		return max(max(n1, n2), n3);
	 }

	 bool operator < (const Triangle& rhs)const{
		if( id1() != rhs.id1() )
		  return( id1()<rhs.id1() );
		else if( id2() != rhs.id2() )
		  return( id2()<rhs.id2() );
		else return id3()<rhs.id3();
	 };

and then all STL goodies are there for you.

Dominik