[vtkusers] How to generate a mpeg movie

Bernhard Peters bernhard.peters at utanet.at
Sun Jan 21 15:42:43 EST 2007

For displaying results of the motion of granular mediea I have managed
to display particle geomety such as spheres, cones etc. derived from the
reespective vtk***Source.cxx files in a renderer window. Since motion
and transport of granular media are always highly transient processes I
would like to animate the results. Unfortnately, the documentation for
the vtkMPEG2Writer is rather sparse. Could someone please show me the
road map how to get from my geometry sources and actors to a form I
could feed into the mpeg writer.

Perhaps this is useful to some other users or VTK itself. For my
granular media visualisation I have added the folowing sources for
geometries:

double-cone
barrel
torus
hyperboloid

copied and changed from the already available vtkXXXXSource.cxx. Is
anybody interested in this source files.

Thanks a lot

Bernhard