[vtkusers] vtkTriangleFilter

Amitesh Agarwal amiteshagarwal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 13:20:36 EST 2007

Hi,
I used vtkCleanPolyData filter after you suggested it in my code on the grid
just before extracting edges from polydata (unstuctured) grid and just
before sending the edge to vtkTriangleFilter. it seems to have no effect as
I am still getting the message

Warning: In /home/amitesh/binaries/VTK/Filtering/vtkPolygon.cxx, line 562
vtkPolygon (0x22f10f0): Degenerate polygon encountered during triangulation

my guess is that it has something to do with the geometry of edge (polygon)
rather than whether or not the polydata has been cleaned. Can somebody who
is familiar with the working of vtkTriangleFilter confirm it?

Thanks
Amitesh