[vtkusers] Recommend imageediting tool

Arne Hansen bsd.diverse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 08:53:20 EST 2007

Hello. I have some MR-volumes stored in ANALYZE format which i need
to modify.
I just need to be able to invert contrast, flip dimensions and cut noisy
slices away.

In matlab i read these using SPM2-toolbox, and in c++ i use ITK to read and
VTK to visualize. But these are all for developing algorithms to analyze the
images, and a visual tool would be better to do these rough preprocessing i
think.

Before I use these tools i would really like to preprocess the images very
roughly, meaning making sure they are all turning the same way and all have
removed noise slices and so.

I have tried this tool called MIPAV which is written in java. This is a good
tool, but unfortunately it seems that MIPAV does not change the header
information when i for example flip dimension 1 and 2, or when slices are
cut away etc.
This means that the changes i perform in mipav does not take effect when i
load the images in matlab using SPM2,(and I am not sure about ITK, but i
think its the same there).

So is there a good tool for performing these small preprocessing steps,
which also stores the changes in the header file?

And how do you guys perform this simple tasks, Do you use ITK for it or
what?

I hope somebody has a good recommendation :)

Thank you very much.