[vtkusers] vtkTriangleFilter

Amitesh Agarwal amiteshagarwal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 18:47:53 EST 2007

Hi all,
I have been using vtkTriangleFilter to to triangulate  polygons of complex
shapes in 3D space to patch holes in unstructured grid. I am repeatedly
getting this message whenever the hole shape is complex.

Warning: In /home/amitesh/binaries/VTK/Filtering/vtkPolygon.cxx, line 562
vtkPolygon (0x41d9d00): Degenerate polygon encountered during triangulation

In essence what it does it that the triangle filter breaks the bolygon in
two parts. This has been creating a lot of problems because the
triangulation, it seems, is not complete as the vtkTriangleFilter only
triangulates a portion of the hole and leaves the rest as it is. Is there
any way to get around it so that I be able to create a valid triagulation on
a polygon of any shape in 3D space?

Regards

Amitesh