[vtkusers] installing VTK on a cluster

rkemp rkemp at few.vu.nl
Mon Jan 15 09:52:37 EST 2007

Hi,

I want to visualize a parallel Java application on a cluster with specialized middleware (Ibis,
www.cs.vu.nl/ibis) using VTK.

VTK has the Java wrapper interface, so the programming language shouldn't be a problem, although VTK
is C++.

However it might be a problem to install VTK on each individual node of the cluster. Is it necessary
to do so? Or can you install VTK just on your 'compile' node? I want to use local rendering for the
application, so each node takes part in the rendering.

Is there anyone with experience with this who could help me?

Thanks a lot!

R. Kemp