[vtkusers] vtkXYPlotActor

Lars Friedrich lfriedri at imtek.de
Mon Jan 15 01:57:27 EST 2007

Hello,

for a while now, I am trying to use VTK from Python. I managed to plot
some iso-surfaces and xy-plots. So far everything is fine, and I am
happy with the high speed.

Now I will address the details. For example in my xy-plot, I would like
to specify the x-coordinates of my data. So I want to plot two datasets
against each other, say
x / y
0.5 / 2.1
1.1 / 2.0
1.5 / 1.4

>From the xyPlotActor class description I get:
"To use this class to plot field data, you must specify one or more
input data objects with its associated field data. You'll also want to
specify which component to use as the x-axis and which to use as the
y-axis."
I guess, this is what I want. But how do I do this?

At the moment, I have a vtkImageImport im object connected to my
onedimensional data. I also have a vtkXYPlotActor p. I connect them with
p.AddInput(im.GetOutput()). If I now have another vtkImageImport object
imX, how can I tell vtk to use its data as the x-points? Or is this the
wrong approach?

Thanks for every comment

Lars

--