[vtkusers] trouble running vtk examples on intel Macs

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Jan 12 12:51:40 EST 2007

On 2007-01-13 01:40, Feng Ding said:

>Just got my apple macbook pro with OS X version 10.4.8, and decided to
>install VTK 5.0.2 on it. The compilation is OK. But when I tried to
>run VTK examples (Cone5, Cone6...), the program cannot exit normally,
>i.e., when I clicked on the close button, the program window
>disappeared, but the command line didn't return. I have to use
>'Ctrl-C' to end the program. Anyone has met the same problem? Thanks!

This is a well-known problem.  It stems from this:
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ#How_
to_get_keyboard_events_working_on_Mac_OS_X_.3F>

It has nothing to do with Intel Macs, you would see the same problem on
PowerPC also.  There is a bug for this problem:
<http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2025>

Please vote for the bug.  :)

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com