[vtkusers] Java Wrapper

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jan 11 11:00:49 EST 2007

To help java wrapped vtk find all of the libraries and executables I
needed to add these places to my CLASSPATH and LIBRARY_PATH
environment variables to my path

Under Linux:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:
/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03/bin/: <-the computer's java
/home/demarle/Kitware/vtk/devel/buildLinux/bin <-vtk libs

setenv CLASSPATH
${CLASSPATH}
/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03/lib: <-the computers java
/home/demarle/Kitware/vtk/devel/buildLinux/bin: <-vtk stuff
/home/demarle/Kitware/vtk/devel/buildLinux/java:<-vtk stuff
/home/demarle/Kitware/vtk/devel/buildLinux/Wrapping/Java: <-more vtk stuff
.: <-current directory where I javac and java from

Under windows it looks like so:
set Path=
%PATH%;
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin;
d:\Kitware\VTK\devel\buildXP\bin\debug;

set CLASSPATH=
%CLASSPATH%;
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\lib
d:\Kitware\VTK\devel\buildXP\bin\debug\vtk.jar;
d:\Kitware\VTK\devel\buildXP\java;
d:\Kitware\VTK\devel\buildXP\Wrapping\Java;
.;