[vtkusers] Please help me by answering the simple question

Sawsan Ahmed sawsanahm at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 13:13:13 EST 2007

Hello,
        I have tried with setting the CC compiler options.Still when I run "./Cone",only color background comes,no cone.In Cone2.cxx,writing outputs generated on the shell,but on the rendering window,only the background,no cone

2.In my linux box,I have  "libGLU.so.1" in "/usr/lib" directory.There is no "libGLU.so" .So I have set the following for that.
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY               /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1

3.In my Linux box,in "/usr/local/bin" directory,there is no 'dot' directory.So while configuration,it shows "Dot tool not found".

4.In my ccmake interface,also the following options missing:

VERDICT_ENABLE_TESTING
VERDICT_USE_FLOAT
VLI_LIBRARY_FOR_VP1000
VTK_MATERIALS_DIR
VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS
VTK_USE_CG_SHADERS
VTK_USE_FFMPEG_ENCODER
VTK_USE_GLSL_SHADERS
VTK_USE_INFOVIS
VTK_USE_VOLUME_PRO_1000
VTK_X3D_USE_JAVA

Of these options only,VTK_USE_INFOVIS option is set on in your ccmake.

5.I have attched the ccmake configuration.I don't whether it is of any use to detect my failure.

Sincerely Yours,
Sawsan.
Anka Kochanowska <anka at bic.mni.mcgill.ca> wrote: In your build directory there should be a bin directory, cone executable
should be there.
I am sending you screen captures of my ccmake. Manually, I have set very
few - install path, vtk data root, CC compiler options and, I turned
some flags on.
I don't know if it helps.
I presume, you have administrator rights?
Before you rebuild vtk, run make clean, or even delete your build
directory and start from scratch. Set your clock.

I am not a linux guru, but if you have some concrete question, I'll try
to answer.
You might look at
http://www.linuxhowtos.org/
http://www.linux.org/docs/howto.html