[vtkusers] a slightly different Glyph Filter

Patrick boenzli patrick at orxonox.net
Sun Jan 7 05:26:40 EST 2007

Hi John,
hi all!

John Platt wrote:
> Have you investigated vtkTensorGlyph::ThreeGlyphsOn()?

thanks for your tip! I looked through the vtkTensorGlyph documentation,
the ThreeGlyphsOn property is what I'm looking for. The only problem is,
that I got a vector source not a tensor source (this is why
vtkTensorGlyph doesn't works). So this unfortunately doesn't solve my
problem. Or did I get this tensor idea wrong?

I would like to use each vector component and use it as a direction for
a glyph,
example;

vector (1, 0, 1)
would have two glyphs:
1) along the (1, 0, 0) axis
2) along the (0, 0, 1) axis

and not one glyph along the (1,0,1) axis as the vtkGlyph3D would do it.

Are there any other possibilities to do such a thing instead of writing
a new glyph filter?

thanks for your guidance!
Patrick