[vtkusers] RE: MangledMesa & VTK

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Jan 2 00:10:11 EST 2007

I'm pretty sure the current use of this feature at Sandia is zero.  All of our distributions of ParaView use either a hardware driver or straight Mesa, not both.  As several other members of these lists have just testified, it's much easier.

Concerning the maintenance overhead of maintaining the mangled Mesa stuff, I would rather have someone from Kitware speak to that since they are really the ones doing that.  I recall Berk grumbling about it in the past.  Perhaps he can elaborate.

I also cannot speak for any other organizations that may be using VTK/ParaView.  If any of you out there use the vtkMesa* classes or otherwise compile with the mangled Mesa features, now would be a really good time to chime in.

-Ken