[vtkusers] Getting density values through a normal vector

Obada Mahdi omahdi at gmx.de
Wed Feb 28 07:17:06 EST 2007

Hi Tony!

On 2/26/07, tony hakki <tony2007vtk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> how can I get the density values with fixed width step through a Normal
> Vector using vtk classes. I have computed normal vectors of a surface so
> far.

Is your question related to your posting "Normal of a point"
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-December/088603.html
from 12/10/2006?  If so, I would still recommend to have a look the
the classes I mentioned in my reply (vtkWarpScalars and
vtkProbeFilter):
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-December/088642.html

Are you looking for something different, or do you need help with these classes?

If you only need to evaluate scalars at one point at a time, you could
also generate a vtkLineSource starting at a given point, orient it
along the point normal, set up length and resolution appropriately and
feed that into vtkProbeFilter for evaluation.

HTH,

Obada