[vtkusers] vtkCommonJava.dll problem PLEASE HELP!!

Bernard Giroux giroux at geo.polymtl.ca
Mon Feb 26 19:33:33 EST 2007

Bartlomiej Wilkowski a écrit :
> Hello Bernard,
>
> thanks for link to Launch4J. I will use it, surely.
>
> For sure there is no problem with vtk.jar because I defined it in the
> manifest file for my executable jar.
>
> What do you mean saying PATH for the libraries? I put all the libraries
> *.dll in the same folder as my application. I didnt define PATH. I wanna
> create the application which anybody can use on his computer, so I
> thought that all the necessary *.dll's must be in the same level
> (folder) with the java *.jar aplication file? Is it true?

Hi Bartek,

I think it depends on VTK_USE_RPATH in your cmake config.  If I recall
correctly, if it is set to OFF, you have to tell your system where to
look for the dll's, hence the use of PATH (if it is set to ON, I think
the dll's have to be in the build/install directory).  The PATH can be
set manually in "Environment variables" under the advanced options in
Control Panel -> System.  I use the NSIS installer to wrap up all the
files and also to set the PATH (http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page).

Good luck

--
Bernard Giroux, ing., Ph.D.