[vtkusers] Question on using vtkMFCWindow, vtkWindowToImageFilter, and vtkTIFFWriter

James Weng jjames_weng at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 21:13:46 EST 2007

Dear All,

  I am using vtkMFCWindow, vtkVolume16Reader, vtkContourFilter, for a 3D GUI rendering of a raw image volume data. It works fine (the rendered object¡¯s center is in the GUI window¡¯s center). However, after I add the code using vtkWindowToImageFilter, vtkTIFFWriter to save the render window content, there is a problem. In the GUI window, the position of the rendered object is shifted and the object is enlarged (object is scaled larger by several times, and its lower-left corner is in the GUI window center). So is the saved image file.

  The added code is as the following,

  this->pvtkWindowToImageFilter->SetInput(this->pvtkMFCWindow->GetRenderWindow());

  this->pvtkTIFFWriter->SetInput(this->pvtkWindowToImageFilter->GetOutput());

  this->pvtkTIFFWriter->SetFileName(¡°screen_image.tif¡±);

  this->pvtkTIFFWriter->Write();

  I do not know what causes the problem, and how to correct it.
  Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

  James