[vtkusers] Mac OS 10.4.8, Intel, VTK 5.0 , java 1.5 crashes, SOLVED

Kustaa Nyholm Kustaa.Nyholm at planmeca.com
Thu Feb 22 13:45:24 EST 2007

Thanks Mike,

switching to Cocoa solved the problem.

And thanks for setting the record straight on
Cocoa versus Carbon, got my things confused. Since Eclipse is my
development IDE,
not my RCP Cocoa is just fine with me, no need to use carbon, we work
exclusively
with Swing and try to keep 100% pure Java, but for visualization it
seems that
VTK/ITK is indicated.

Now the Sphere code works and the VisQuad too, I can rotate and zoom the
visualized quadratic function no problem.

The CADPart displays a blue background and I can resize the window but
nothing else gets displayed.

The SimpleRayCast shows the window but nothing else happens.

None of them crashes any more which is great.

Now I can compile and run and get something to work so I can start
experimenting with things.

I you have any idea why the ray cast sample does not work (ray cast is
my primary goal at the moment,
since we are visualizing voxel ct data) you know where to find me... ;-)

br and thanks again, Kusti

Kustaa Nyholm
Research Manager, Software
Research and Technology Division
PLANMECA OY
Asentajankatu 6
00880 HELSINKI
FINLAND

Please note our new telephone and fax numbers!
Tel: +358 20 7795 572 (direct)
Fax: +358 20 7795 676
GSM: +358 40 580 5193
e-mail: kustaa.nyholm at planmeca.com

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
e-mail is strictly forbidden. We will not be liable for direct,
indirect, special or consequential damages arising from alteration of
the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed for viruses.