[vtkusers] scalars representation

amr Ismail abdel amr_191098 at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 22 02:21:49 EST 2007

Hello,

I have a dataset that consists of XYZ point coordinates and one
scalar at each point. I want to display the points with the scalars value for every point as individual
points, not a surface.
I can see only one pixel color to every point. I like to get the color in between the points also, my code is below. please help,
Thank you
Amr

vtkPoints* cloud1      = vtkPoints::New(); // points
  vtkDoubleArray *Gauss2=  vtkDoubleArray::New(); //scalars

vtkPolyData *polyData1=vtkPolyData ::New(); //polyData
    polyData1->SetPoints(cloud1);
    polyData1->GetPointData()->SetScalars(Gauss2);
    polyData1->Update();

vtkLookupTable * lut = vtkLookupTable::New();

vtkMaskPoints *maskPoints1 = vtkMaskPoints::New();

 maskPoints1->SetInput(polyData1);
    maskPoints1->GenerateVerticesOn();

vtkPolyDataMapper *map1 = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
    map1->SetLookupTable(lut);
    map1->SetInput(maskPoints1->GetOutput());
    map1->ScalarVisibilityOn();
    map1->SetScalarRange(-50,50);

    vtkActor* actor1 = vtkActor::New();
    actor1->SetMapper(map1);