[vtkusers] Error runnig Qt with VTK on Windows

Olowoyeye, Adebayo Ol Uwole aolowoye at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 21 14:48:38 EST 2007

Hi all,
  I am trying to use the Qt library to interface with VTK in Visual
C++.  After adding all the .lib files in C:\QT\lib as additional
dependencies for the project, I get some errors I hope someone can help
me out with.  I am trying to run one of the qt example program that
comes with the VTK package.
They are the following:

1>------ Build started: Project: QtTest, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall
QVTKWidget::~QVTKWidget(void)" (__imp_??1QVTKWidget@@UAE at XZ) referenced
in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: class vtkRenderWindow * __thiscall
QVTKWidget::GetRenderWindow(void)"
(__imp_?GetRenderWindow at QVTKWidget@@QAEPAVvtkRenderWindow@@XZ)
referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
QVTKWidget::SetRenderWindow(class vtkRenderWindow *)"
(__imp_?SetRenderWindow at QVTKWidget@@QAEXPAVvtkRenderWindow@@@Z)
referenced in function _main
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall QVTKWidget::QVTKWidget(class
QWidget *,class QFlags<enum Qt::WindowType>)"
(__imp_??0QVTKWidget@@QAE at PAVQWidget@@V?$QFlags at W4WindowType@Qt@@@@@Z)
referenced in function _main
1>C:\Documents and Settings\Depauw\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\Projects\QtTest\Debug\QtTest.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4
unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Depauw\My
Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\QtTest\QtTest\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>QtTest - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thanks in advance for your time