[vtkusers] configure VS 2003 for vtk

Francois Louis LAILLIER flaillier at eldim.fr
Wed Feb 21 05:02:08 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: vtkusers-bounces+flaillier=eldim.fr at vtk.org [mailto:vtkusers-bounces+flaillier=eldim.fr at vtk.org] On Behalf Of Ilinca, Radu
Sent: mercredi 21 février 2007 10:21
To: vtkusers at vtk.org
Subject: [vtkusers] configure VS 2003 for vtk

Hi all !

I am trying to configure a Visual Studio 2003 (C++) project to run a
simple vtk application. (I successfully compiled the vtk). However, I do
not have enough experience with programming and  VS 2003 gives me a
linker error: cannot find the lib-files ( although the libs are where
the should be). Does anyone have enough time & patience to tell me step
by step how should I configure the dependencines in VS 2003 ?

Thanks a lot !

Radu Ilinca.

Hello Radu, do you have add reference in your project? If you use vtk with window I think you use Activiz.

In your project click in project menu --> addreference --> COM --> search VTKCOMLib1.0 or other version, and add it.

Recompile your project and run it.

Ask us if you have problem after this small explanation.
Best regards, Francois Louis.