Fwd: [vtkusers] Mac OS X, Java guru needed, please.

Kustaa Nyholm Kustaa.Nyholm at planmeca.com
Mon Feb 19 04:17:09 EST 2007

Sorry to respond to my own email but I'm happy to report that was able
to get the compile to work
 (atleast I think so) by adding the following:

JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY:STRING=-framework JavaVM

to the file VTK/CmakeCache.txt

br Kusti

Kustaa Nyholm
Research Manager, Software
Research and Technology Division
PLANMECA OY
Asentajankatu 6
00880 HELSINKI
FINLAND

Please note our new telephone and fax numbers!
Tel: +358 20 7795 572 (direct)
Fax: +358 20 7795 676
GSM: +358 40 580 5193
e-mail: kustaa.nyholm at planmeca.com

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
e-mail is strictly forbidden. We will not be liable for direct,
indirect, special or consequential damages arising from alteration of
the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed for viruses.

>>> "Kustaa Nyholm" <Kustaa.Nyholm at planmeca.com> 19.2.2007 10:12:53

Hi Mike,

thanks for the tip. I was able find and set the JAVA_AWT_INCLUDE_PATH
setting,
but could not find JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY.

Tried to compile with Java wrappings enabled but still get the
multiple
definition error.

After some (;-) reading I concluded that JAVA_AWT_LIBRARY should be
set
by cmake findjni but further than
that I haven't got. Any pointer what should I debug next?

e-mail: kustaa.nyholm at planmeca.com

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this
e-mail is strictly forbidden. We will not be liable for direct,
indirect, special or consequential damages arising from alteration of
the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
virus being passed for viruses.

>>> Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com> 16.2.2007 19:20:23 >>>
This was posted to the VTK list back in January.

It isn't that java on OS X Intel is broken just that the defaults
that VTK/CMake uses are wrong. If you follow the directions below you

should be able to build Java/VTK on OS X Intel with out a problem.

Mike Jackson
--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com