[vtkusers] 'internal link edit command failed' with VTK 5.0.2 on Mac OS (Intel) 10.4.8 and gcc 4.0.1

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Feb 16 10:54:32 EST 2007

On 2007-02-16 17:14, Kustaa Nyholm said:

>I get the 'internal link edit command failed' error when compiling
>VTK.

That's the 'catch all' message.  You need to look further up to see the
problem.  Further up, we see messages about 'multiple definitions'.

>I'm using VTK 5.0.2
>On Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Intel dual core MacBook Pro)
>with gcc is 4.0.1
>
>Has any one seen this, solved this? Googling and looking at the
>archives I see that this
>was an issue with older gcc and vtk but I gather this was solved,
>however, I'm stumped.

You will need to tell us more about your build settings.  What options
are you building with?  For starters, I suggest turning Java off, it is
broken on Mac OS X on Intel currently.  You could try starting simple,
with these instructions:
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Cocoa_VTK>

>This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
>are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
>please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any
>unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
>e-mail is strictly forbidden. We will not be liable for direct,
>indirect, special or consequential damages arising from alteration of
>the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any
>virus being passed for viruses.

I hope it's ok that I quoted some of your message-- does it count as
'unauthorized distribution'?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com