[vtkusers] Map scalar values from a vtkImageData through a table filter

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 08:26:15 EST 2007

Hello,

does anybody know if there's a filter ( or a pipeline instead ) to map the
scalar values of a vtkImageData object through a table?

For instance, I have a vtkImageData object, call it "sourceData", with an
scalar range of -1024..3072 and a table with 4096 entries, call it
"mapTable", with different values on it in another range of values ( for
example 0 to 65535 ).

If I map the sourceData with mapTable, the pixels in sourceData with value
-1024 will have the value of mapTable[0] on the outputData,
-1023<->mapTable[1], ... and so on.

Is there any filter int vtk (or even in itk) to do this?

Thanks in advance!