[vtkusers] Groups of Cells Using Unstructured Grid for FEM

Kevin Maxwell kmax at tamu.edu
Mon Feb 12 12:51:47 EST 2007

I am trying to use VTK unstructured grids to visualize finite element
meshes and contour data.  Has anyone found a way to separate cells into
different groups (i.e. cells with different material properties)?  I
found this type of question posted several times in the archives, but
the responses haven't helped me much.  I could use cell data to give
cells different values based on material properties, but this does not
solve the problem of having discontinuous scalar point data at the
boundaries between elements of different materials.  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin Maxwell