[vtkusers] UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit in vtk 5.0.2 java libs

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Feb 7 14:44:38 EST 2007

On 2007-02-07 11:16, thorprime said:

>When attempting to create a  vtkVolumeRayCastMapper or
>vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D simply initializing the class with
>" vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D volumeMapper = new vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D();"
>creates the following error:
>
>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit
>	at vtk.vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D.VTKInit(Native Method)
>	at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(vtkObject.java:90)
>	at vtk.vtkAlgorithm.<init>(vtkAlgorithm.java:246)
>	at vtk.vtkAbstractMapper.<init>(vtkAbstractMapper.java:58)
>	at vtk.vtkAbstractMapper3D.<init>(vtkAbstractMapper3D.java:46)
>	at vtk.vtkAbstractVolumeMapper.<init>(vtkAbstractVolumeMapper.java:30)
>	at vtk.vtkVolumeMapper.<init>(vtkVolumeMapper.java:122)
>	at vtk.vtkVolumeTextureMapper.<init>(vtkVolumeTextureMapper.java:34)
>	at vtk.vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D.<init>(vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D.java:46)"
>
>this is using th 5.0.2 release under OSX compiled to use carbon and cocoa. I

Carbon *and* Cocoa?  I'm pretty sure cmake forbids trying to set those
both to ON.  In any case, you must set one to ON and the other to OFF.

>am going to try it again with the CVS later.

As I said earlier today, I'm pretty sure VTK using Java is currently
broken on the Mac, at least on Intel.  There was a long thread on this
recently, you might want to check the archives.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com