[vtkusers] Ref:vtkDICOMImageReader.

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Feb 6 17:17:47 EST 2007

Ing Manuel Ochoa wrote:
> I can open some dicoms files  but Know the problem is when i try open
> diferent  dicom file, the compiler showme the next message  when i call
> function  reader->Update()
>
> Unhandled exception at 0x7814724d in LecturaDicom.exe: 0xC0000005:
> Access violation reading location 0x018af3f0.
>
> this my code
>

> vtkDICOMImageReader *reader = vtkDICOMImageReader::New();
>
> reader->SetFileName("C:/IMG/shoulder.dcm");
>
> reader->Update();

Hi Manuel,

   I have added a warning section of the documentation of this class. In
summary, vtkDICOMImageReader does not handle all kind of DICOM files
defined in the standard.

Quote:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDICOMImageReader.html
Warning:
     This reader might eventually handle ACR-NEMA file (predecessor of
the DICOM format for medical images). This reader does not handle
encapsulated format, only plain raw file are handled. This reader also
does not handle multi-frames DICOM datasets.

This is just a guess. If you are sure this is a plain raw DICOM file,
send me the file, so I can have a look at it.

HTH
Mathieu