[vtkusers] vtkUnstructuredGridWriter: different format

Martin Baumann mailsgetlost at web.de
Tue Feb 6 13:25:38 EST 2007

Hi,

I am using a vtkUnstructuredGridWriter object to write vtk legacy format files.
I noticed, that the produced files use a data description that looks like

CELL_DATA 15
POINT_DATA 24
FIELD FieldData 1
MyValue 1 24 float
... data ...

In the VTK User's Guide I can read that format should be like

POINT_DATA 24
SCALARS MyValue double 1
LOOKUP_TABLE default
... data ...

Can I make the writer class produce files of the second type?
Because my software has problems reading files of the first type.

Regards, K.B.