[vtkusers] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit

Bartlomiej Wilkowski wilku_83 at o2.pl
Sun Feb 4 13:43:11 EST 2007

Dear VTk users!

Please help me with the error
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit

cause this starts to be really big pain in the... neck. I made quite big application, I use a lot of vtk classes and it is working. I am using e.g. vtkImageReader, vtkImagePlaneWidget, vtkImageReslice and many more. Unfortunately when I try to create vtkPNGReader or any other reader I got this error. The full stacktrace is:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit

at vtk.vtkImageWriter.VTKInit(

Native Method)
at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(

vtkObject.java:90)
at vtk.vtkAlgorithm.<init>(

vtkAlgorithm.java:246)
at vtk.vtkImageAlgorithm.<init>(

vtkImageAlgorithm.java:58)
at vtk.vtkImageWriter.<init>(

vtkImageWriter.java:58)
at main.MedicalEditor.<init>(

MedicalEditor.java:121)
at main.MedicalEditor$1.run(

MedicalEditor.java:150)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

please help me as I really didnt find anything in vtk mailgroup and anywhere...:(

thx in advance!

Bartek